Three Terrorists Linked to Dusit Attack Detained For 15 Days To Allow Investigations

A Nairobi Court has allowed police to continue detaining three terror arrested in connection with Dusit terror attack for 15 days to allow police to complete investigations.

Principal Magistrate Peter Ooko granted police request to continue holding Muhamed Hassan Sheikh, Hussein Mohamed Abdile and Mire Abdullahi saying that the prosecution had tabled before court enough reasons.

“Prosecution has adduced compelling reasons to detain the three suspects to allow police complete investigations into the matter,” ruled the magistrate.

The three were detained after Anti-Terrorism police moved to court seeking time to investigate them in their involvement in the Dusit Hotel Attack.

In the court documents filed in court, Sheikh is accused to be in contact with a mobile phone number which was in direct contact with the deceased mastermind terrorist Ali Salim Gichunge.

He is further accused that he was in constant communication with the same person who was the holder of the said phone number was responsible for aiding the escape of Gichunge’s wife Violet Kemunto.

Abdile is said to have claimed to be a student at Kamar Mixed secondary school and that he was a minor but on February 20 this year, he was examined by the medical officer of Head of Mbagathi hospital and was found to be above the age of 18 years.

Prosecution said that his phone received a parcel from Gichunge on July 7, 2018 and it is not known what the content in the parcel was.

The investigators claims that his number was used to register a Facebook account which was used by the coordinators of the Dusit Attack.

It is also alleged that a number belonging to Abdile was in constant communication with another number which was in direct contact with the number of the slain terrorist.

The prosecution told the court that upon perusal of his Facebook account shows that he was in touch with then planners and coordinators of the attack was making forged student identity cards for one of the deceased attackers identified Sihat Omar but in the student ID card that he processed showed a different name, Adbifatah Yusuf Adan.

Abdullahi on the other hand is alleged to have provided internet services on October 8, 2018 to the planners and executors of the attack who were using multiple Facebook accounts.

The court further heard that Abdullahi’s phone number was in contact with another number which sent money on several occasions to one of the deceased terrorists.

Mahakamani News is Kenya’s top court reporting and crime coverage website. If you have a case that needs coverage, or if you are facing injustice from powerful forces, fired unfairly or reporting any corruption or relevant news pertaining judiciary etc please contact us via cases@mahakamani.news



Related posts

Court Releases NGO Director Accused Of Terror Links Without Charge

Mahakamani News

Safaricom Issues An Apology Over Sabotage Of Garissa Terror Attack Proceedings

Mahakamani News

NTSA Director Detained Over Dusit Terror Attack Wants Court To Quash Detention Orders

Mahakamani News